Wednesday, August 30, 2017

This and That: A Late Summer Update


Hi Everyone!  I hope you've had a wonderful summer with all the spankings that were needed.  We've been busy with a million small details.  But we've enjoyed some fun times too (rubs bottom).

Our MBS blogroll has expanded to include over 900 links.  There's a whole lot of spanking going on out there and people are writing about it and posting pictures.  Some readers lamented when it seemed that text-oriented Blogger and Wordpress blogs (typically published by women) were being overrun by more visual Tumblr blogs (more often published by men).  However, nothing on the internet lasts forever.  The big action today is on Twitter.  Spankos in this medium post both words and pictures and seem to be fairly evenly split by gender and role.  Many recent additions to the blogroll reflect this evolving reality.

As always, if you come across a spanking blog that belongs in our blogroll, please send me the link.

As seldom as I post these days, I still miraculously get mail.  It seems that people have been rummaging through my archive.  That makes me happy.  Anyhow, one reader asked me the eternal question, "Do you really let your husband spank you with a paddle?"  Yes, Libby, I really do fully consent.  In fact, I want him to spank me because it brings us closer and renews the bond between us.  I understand that many people find this concept inconceivable, and they are, of course, free to believe as they choose.  But for Randy and me, regular spankings are the centerpiece of our intimate relationship.

Next month, this blog will celebrate its twelfth anniversary and I will celebrate a milestone birthday.  I have yet to come to terms with becoming a senior citizen, but I'm working on it.  Those birthday spankings take a very long time anymore!  But we'll get though it somehow.  :)

Here on the home front, my dear Prince Charming is still exploring and experimenting with different spanking variations.  You'd think we might have exhausted the possibilities by now, but not so.  His current interest is in corporal punishment scenarios, which I love of course.  I used to think I hated the cane, but no more.  Recently, I admired the ridges on my bottom using my fingers while in corner time and earned myself an OTK session with the brush.  Then it was back to the corner again for contemplation and photographs.  Good times!

Let me conclude with a quote for the day, from the movie Loaded Weapon 1:

"I'm just a gal like any other gal.  I want a home, a family, an occasional spanking." - Miss Destiny Demeanor

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,
It is good to hear from you. I love your ending quote. Isn't that what we all want?
Meredith

an English Rose said...

Hi Bonnie, Hope you have a good birthday, what a perfect quote!
love Jan, xx

Anonymous said...

It's a treat when you post! I'm so happy that Randy is as, well, randy as ever. :-D You lucky woman. ♥

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie, it's so great to see you post! Happy upcoming blogiversary and a very Happy Birthday. Love the quote :)

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Hi Bonnie,

Twelve years is a long time to be active in blogland. I hope you are planning a big celebration at MBS.

Over 900 blogs - WOW! I actually enjoy reading the Twitter feeds, and did not realize that I could without having an account.

Hugs,
Hermione

Our Bottoms Burn said...

Happy 12 and that other more significant number.

Katie said...

Hi Bonnie! It's always so nice to hear from you. Congratulations on both a milestone birthday, and twelve years of blogging! That's fabulous! I hope that you have some great celebrations, and plenty of spanky business to go with it all. Sounds like Randy has endless creativity. How fun for you both!

900 Blogs on your blog list is amazing! Thank you for all that you do to keep that up for everyone. I know that Hermione and Ronnie help with that too. Big thanks to all three of you! There is something for everyone. That is really cool! Many hugs and have a very Happy Birthday!

<3 Katie

ronnie said...

Bonnie, It's always good to see a post from you. Congratulations on your up and coming 12th blogiversy, that's a long time blogging.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Aimless Rambling said...

Always happy to see your name come up on the blogroll. Congrats on a 12th year anniversary. You are the reason most of us are here.

Bonnie said...

Meredith - It's certainly what I want! :)

Jan - Thank you. I remember watching that dopey movie for the first time and thinking, "Did Kathy Ireland just say what I think she said?"

Erica - Thank you. Yes, he is and yes, I am.

Roz - I'm sure we'll do something to commemorate these occasions, I just don't yet know what it will be.

Hermione - Twelve years is a long time, but you've posted far more content than I have. I really salute your dedication to our cause.

The spankosphere continues to morph, but it's very much alive and healthy.

Bogey - Thanks.

Katie - Oh, there will be some spanky business. Of that I am certain.

I am pleased to be able to introduce spankos to one another through the blogroll. There truly is something for everyone.

Ronnie - Thank you and Thank YOU for all you do.

Leigh - Wow, that's really nice. Thanks.

Emerging Lurker said...

Congratulations on twelve years and happy birthday!

DelFonte said...

Congratulations on reaching 12!

Terpsichore said...

perfect quote :-) hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! Hugs

Rich Person said...

However, you need to explain to Libby that if there's a paddle involved it's a paddling, not a spanking. There is, I think, a very distinct difference in the experience of spanking vs. paddling!

Or are you getting a paddling for a birthday spanking? Now, that experience would take a long time.

Happy Birthday, either way!

Post a Comment